This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Installer vs Adept Manager

So I often accidentally start Add/Remove Programs (i.e., Adept Installer) and have to exit it and start Adept Manager because the Manager program has more software listed that I want. (Festival, for example, is not in the installer, but IS in the Manager.)

What is the difference, and why would some packages be in one, and not the other? (boinc-core is another example of this.)
    Jester's Ring

Re: Adept Installer vs Adept Manager

Vaguely speaking, add/remove programs is just a modified frontend for adept manager that has been designed with beginner users in mind. The idea being that it contains just a list of commonly used applications that users may want in an easy to use graphical format without blowing their minds with the sheer amount of cool free **** they can get with adept.
    Adept manager on the other hand contains all the packages in the packages in the repositories (everything in add/remove programs is in here plus much more).

Comment

Re: Adept Installer vs Adept Manager

In other news, this forum automatically censors you swearing with symbols such as #, %, & $

Comment

Working...
      X