X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz's borders

Hi here,
    got a really strange appearance after starting compiz here. Usually windows have their decorations, but some just don't, can't find a key. I couldn't get my decos for kopete and opera (didn't test more now, konversation works), ok, so i thought it's just windows opened after compiz --replace. However,running compiz --replace doesn't help at all, so i way trying. As i was ever starting kopete with my keyboard (keytouch), it never had a deco, then i once started it with an icon, and voila, i had borders. So i checked processes, found out that the one without borders runs like "kopete", but the perfect one is "kopete -caption Kopete -icon kopete -miniicon kopete". So i changed my keytouch to run with those parameters and it was ok. Sadly,after X restart it doesn't work from keytouch,works from KDE panel. Opera doesn't run no matter how is it started, so I've no clue what to do :/
    Any ideas are very welcome,thanks.
    Mr. Duck

KDE 3.5.8, compiz with decorator set to emerald (happens with others too though) from repos. Kernel 2.6.22.9 custom, fglrx 8.40.4 on radeon X1600.

ADD: when i activate a borderless window,my keyboard hangs up. Mouse is just ok, keyboard does not react even after attempt to activate any other window by mouse, i can use ctrl+alt+bksp or ctrl+alt+f1 to kill xorg and restart it though.
    Hope i provided all the infos i could.

Re: Compiz's borders

Umm... As far as I know, you can't have Compiz on with the fglrx driver.

I should know, I have the same card.
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      Umm... As far as I know, you can't have Compiz on with the fglrx driver.

I should know, I have the same card.
      Yes you can,but can't run any other opengl application then (unless 8.42 comes out).

Comment

Got some new info:
        Figured out that whatever i run from keyboard does not have borders. If i run it from K Menu, it's allright.
        Additionally, if i run for example opera,which is the only one i found that has no border even running from menu(but it can be any app started w/o border), i can type in it, but sometimes cannot toggle num lock. Then i can still type into that app,but can't in any other, can't even alt+tab there,must use mouse only (menu-> exit since opera runs in fullscreen :/).

Comment

I experience the same problems with compiz-fusion on an nVidia GeForce Go 7300; for some reason opera won't have any borders whatsoever, while the other apps run borderless unless using emerald
          Thought it an isolated issue with my install, but apparently it's not

Comment

Found one more thingy: OpenOfice doesn't have its borders either ^^ So opera&OOo...what are they built on? Looks like there's something missing :/

Comment

funny thing was that when i first tried compiz-fusion back in august (on gutsy alpha) it worked very well with all the apps (a little sluggish though, which meant removal for me), without having to install emerald or do any tweaks. strange, really
              i'll check launchpad to see whether this has been reported

Comment

Try running emerald-manager from Konsole (or any other terminal window) and looking at the output.

If you get an issue from libwnsck18, it's an error that's going around and currently there's no fix for. There's a workaround though, even if it's a bit ugly.
                Go into your file manager, but do it as root (you'll need to modify files in a folder that needs super user privileges) and copy the libwnsck equivalent that you already have (should be libwnsck22 or something like that) and make a copy of that file, which you should rename with the filename that's mentioned in your terminal's output. That should let you use the borders until the new version of emerald comes out and hopefully fixes the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X