This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Gusty vs. Ubuntu Gusty New Features

Comparing Ubuntu Gusty (UG) new features listed on the Ubuntu site with Kubuntu Gusty (KG) listed on the Kubuntu site, there seem to be new UG features not in KG.

Obviously some differences are expected b/c of Gnome vs. KDE. However, am I understanding correctly that KG will NOT have:

Dynamic screen configuration (including dual screen and projector), Graphical configuration tool for X, Power consumption improvements for laptops, 3D Desktop, automatic printer installation, and the ability for NTFS writing?

(I am looking forward to: new Amarok, Jambi, new KDE, Dolphin, GDebi and Dolphin, etc in KG! - but the UG features would also be very useful for me (mostly screen configuration and power consumption).

Re: Kubuntu Gusty vs. Ubuntu Gusty New Features

I suspect you are right Kubuntu Gutsy is missing some of the new Ubuntu features. Did anyone have correct printer detect or automatic install of (flash) plugins in firefox? Doesn't work here... (bit dissappointed)
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Re: Kubuntu Gusty vs. Ubuntu Gusty New Features

Printer (Epson Stylus C84) installed with no problem, after I installed the foomatic-db-gutenprint package. With the 64-bit OS, I have to select the flashplugin-nonfree package, and then Firefox has flash. I just did a File>Print Preview in Firefox, and it looks fine except that the colors aren't automatically enabled. But, if I do File>Page Setup, I get the option to enable background colors and images. I don't see much to complain about here.

Comment

Working...
      X