Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I file an OOffice bug report . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I file an OOffice bug report . . .

I'm contemplating filing an OpenOffice.org bug report, but before I do, I need some input. I'm running the 64bit 7.10rc with an Nvidia GeForce 7300GS graphics card. If I install any of the openoffice.org-kde, *-gtk, or *-gnome packages, OOffice will open, but all the wording is binary (I installed the *-gtk package before I installed the *-gnome package); if I have those packages uninstalled, OOffice works like it should, but isn't completely integrated into KDE.

Before I file a bug report, I would like to know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing; my sister is running the 32bit 7.10rc, but doesn't have this problem.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Before I file an OOffice bug report . . .

I don't.

Could it be a problem with fonts?
    For external use only.

Comment

Maybe, what fonts should be installed? It displays correctly without the kde integration package installed, and I thought I had all the fonts I needed, but maybe I don't.
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

No idea, that was a shot in the dark.
        For external use only.

Comment

Could you post what fonts you have installed so I can compare them with mine? That may very well be the problem, but then again, may not (I hope it is).

Edit: Or to make things easier on you, I'll post mine, just have to figure out a way to copy and paste

Edit: Here you go (you may have to save the image and open it in one of your apps to expand it):

[img width=400 height=275]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/21513/2456854140102298295S600x600Q85.jpg[/img]
          click here to see it fullscreen (if it doesn't load properly, or you get an error, click the "Go..." button in the address bar - not the "Reload..." button - and it should then work)
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

I have ttf-bitstream-vera, ttf-dejavu, ttf-dejavu-core, ttf-dejavu-extra, ttf-freefont, ttf-gentium, ttf-kochi-gothic, ttf-kochi-mincho, ttf-mgopen, and ttf-opensymbol. (Those are the installed packages with TTF in the name; I uninstalled all the unnecessary language fonts I'll never use.)
            For external use only.

Comment

I never really paid much attention to the fonts that were installed by default, thanks for suggesting removing the unnecessary ones. I just freed about 112MB from fonts alone. I just installed some updates, and a few of them were ttf fonts; I'll try the openoffice.org-kde package again and let you know how it goes.

Edit: Nope, it's still no good; I have all the fonts you do and a few more, and it still shows binary. What's weird though, and I've just noticed it, is that the main toolbar (File, Edit, etc.) displays legible English, but everything else is in binary. What do you think?
              Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

I think you might as well file a a bug report... I guess either it is a bug and it'll get fixed (or at least reported) or someone'll tell you what's going on.
                For external use only.

Comment

I haven't filed a bug report yet, but I just installed Firefox-3.0 (just to see what it was like) from the repos, and it too displays everything but the words in the menu bar in binary. Do you think this could just be a problem with my fonts or do you really think I should file a bug report?
                  Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
                  X