This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TB and Lightning in Gutsy? [Solved by Kubuntu]

Sure, it doesn't crash TB anymore, but then again doesn't do anything else either.
    You cannot open a calender, make an appointment or a to-do list. Nada.

It works fine in Mepis 7.0 beta and TB 2.006 as well as in mint 3.0 kde community cassandra in tthe same TB version.

so why not here :P

Anyone have an idea? and no I don't want to use kontact
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: TB and Lightning in Gutsy?

I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and lightning 0.5, and everything seems to be working exactly as expected.

Comment

Well I purged thunderbird and mozilla-thunderbird completely, deleted /home/myuser/./motzilla-thunderbird (after doing a backup) did a:

Code:
      locate thunderbird | more
      Reinstalled TB from synaptic, added lightning (latest). NADA. So I purged it again and deleted the new ./mozilla-thunderbird folder.

So I installed TB from the thunderbird download page. Unpacked it, copied the thunderbird folder to /opt.
      Made a starter in my k-Internet-menu and pointed it to /opt/thnderbird/thunderbird. started it once, closed it with out configuring.

Copied my default folder from my mozilla-thunderbird backup to /home/username/./thunderbird/. Started it up, addedlLightning (latest), still nothing. So I copied and pasted my mepis TB/prefs.js file over to my new TB in Kubuntu and guess what lightning works.

I then reinstalled TB from synaptic and started it, reconfigured from scratch added lightning. NADA. So I copied the mepis pref file again and pasted it into ./motzilla-thunderbird/defaults (my synaptic/kubuntu version) and sill NADA.

So I have a working version but it is not from Kubuntu .

Go figure

I'll try again when gutsy gets to final.

4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

This is the answer I got to this "bug" in launchpad from alexander:

Alexander Sack wrote 51 minutes ago: (permalink)

we have a lightning-extension package ... please install that instead.
        I guess I was just being ignorant and blind in supposing add-ons would function without a "special" one in the repos.

I hope this helps others.
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X