X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall Kubuntu 7.10

Good evening.

I wish to uninstall my Kubuntu 7.10 (K Desktop Environment Release 3.5.8) from my HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop. When I installed the Kubuntu dvd, I didn´t remove Windows XP Recovery Partition and I chopped the hard drive in three pieces to set Kubuntu.

Now the activation for the Recovery (default F11 at boot screen) doesn't work... the Kubuntu forums are non-explicit of how to remove Kubuntu from a non-dual boot system (Kubuntu is the only OS) w/recovery partition (which has the OS with all the needed drivers)...

I can't get to see how to remove it... can somebody help me?

I need to sell my laptop and I'm pretty much stuck with this OS.

Re: Uninstall Kubuntu 7.10

why not if your going to sell the laptop just do a full install this time, & this time do a full install over the whole hard drive and then give them the Kubuntu 7.10 CD along with it?
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Originally posted by nowshining
      why not if your going to sell the laptop just do a full install this time, & this time do a full install over the whole hard drive and then give them the Kubuntu 7.10 CD along with it?
      Heh, I wish I could leave it like that... but of course, people want the OS that originally came with the laptop.

Even I have troubles with Kubuntu (I barely made the sound work, let alone the wi-fi and the buttons around the computer which are rendered useless by now leaving the laptop with a reduced usage due OS troubles).

Comment

unless you specifically told them that XP would be installed, it's your call, unless you already sold it. if not then tell them in the ad what OS if any will be on it.

Other than that, that's all I can telll your except for re-inserting the XP CD and doing a full install incl. format when asked to.

By the way the "Windows XP Recovery Partition" is just the OS with all the junk if any they have with their OS and itta do a full re-install of the OS without the CD, no need to worry, as you have the XP CD and if it's a HP Re-install Disk, then it like I said has the same thing that was on the "Windows XP Recovery Partition".

Many people wipe their recovery partitions anyway.

It's not an essential part and won't harm anything removing it.
        Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Maybe I'll try with a WinXP CD... it's the safest thing yet to do.

I wouldn't mind to stay with Kubuntu or leave the OS... but my laptop has functions that involve buttons that are not working on Kubuntu (like the Quickplay thingy that also has a remote control for DVD movies, which is useless now because the Quickplay doesn't work), not even the sound button works manually, and the touch-pad goes crazy when I used the side-slider to move up and down through pages...

And what bothers me the most is my tablet... No matter how many manuals and stuff I follow, it never works... and in some places they say that Kubuntu 7.10 already supports all tablets right off the bat, that's so NOT TRUE...

Kubuntu is a nice, fast and great looking OS... but looking at these forums, filled with bugs and aftershocks of installations, It's certainly not for me... When I come back from my job at night, I just want to sit and do stuff on my computer, Kubuntu renders me unable to because if I have to go to the toilet, I gotta install it through the Shell w/codes I gotta download or else it won't appear...

Let alone tasks like formatting an Flash Memory (doesn't work for me), watching videos (I've been reading it's an adventure to make FLV videos work) and listening to music (hell, even the Amarok keeps asking me to install the damn mp3 compatibility and after I do and reboot, it asks me again)...

No Quickplay, useless sound buttons, useless side-sliders, having to download w/Shell codes everytime I need something and not-working tablet... I can't afford to sell this thing if I can't even control it myself.

While trying to fix all these things... I'm needy of my Adobe packages, and I haven't start to try to emulate, which I guess by now, it's another trip into the depths of the abyss...

Comment

Working...
          X