This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disk errors

I have downloaded two iso images and both times when I have checked the disk, it shows three errors on the disk. When I have tried to install it, an error shows saying that there has been a disk read error. Any one else have ths fault and does anyone know how to fix it?

Re: disk errors

Try re-burning it at 4x, rather than Auto or 8x, etc.

This tends to happen when it's been burnt too fast.... that is - faster than 4x.

Comment

Another 'culprit' can be the media (disc). If the problem persists, try using another brand of disc. Buy a brand with a known reputation for quality and reliability or you may end up burning a lot of coasters. :P
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There's a couple "sure" brands guys I know have recommended, but I can only recall the one I use--Verbatim. You can't go wrong. problem is, they are not on sale as often as the other popular, big-box-store brands.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

On one disc, I am pretty sure it is a problem with the media (looks like air bubbles in the plastic on the data side). The second, I can only surmise that It is a write speed error, as suggested. I will try burning another at a slower speed. I will post after I try the third disc and let you guys know what happens. Although it might just be the machine. I tried installing standard ubuntu 7.10 and it hung up at 90% installed while trying to detect hardware. The machine is a 2-3 year old Toshiba Satellite (model A65).

Comment

It worked, well, other problems have arisen, but it installed

Comment

Working...
            X