X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gutsy gibbon stalls at install?what do i enter

Hello! Knew to linux about 6 mo's.
    I tried to upgrade from Fiesty Fawn to Gutsy Gibbon via adept updater but had many problems.Downloaded iso of gibbon live CD ,starts to install then stops in a dos screen asking for some instruction i don't know .I finally reinstalled fiesty fawn
    and am back to normal after 6 hrs.Does anybody know what instruction i need to continue the install of gutsy . Or should i download a new iso from somewhere else. Never had this problem before.Regards. Sboogy.

Re: gutsy gibbon stalls at install?what do i enter

Hi,

I would wait and see what happens with Gutsy for a month or so as from my experience Gutsy has caused nothing but problems with crashes of applications far worse than with Windows and things that worked from a fresh install with Feisty not working with Gutsy , but I might have just been unlucky (this was all from a fresh install as well).

Gavin,

Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Comment

Re: gutsy gibbon stalls at install?what do i enter

HI! again:
      Tank you gavinjb for your reply.I had allready decided to wait a few months before trying gutsy again.As i said i am a new user to linux and enjoy playing with different distro's.I have 2 windows pc's for back up but would like to put linux on one eventually.Regards SBOOGY.

Comment

Working...
      X