This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd/dvd will mount some file types but not others

First I want to commend Kubuntu on an excellent release. Up to now things have been rock solid. Two days ago I updated Feisty with the latest security patches. After that I noticed I couldn't mount a video DVD. After further investigation I determined it could mount and load ISO images like the Kubuntu live dvd or the Fedora 4 cd. To prove the dvd was functional I brought up the live dvd and that worked as before. Then trying either a data cd or a video dvd the system would fail to mount. After the first failure it would no longer mount anything. Before the update the cd/dvd was rock solid. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

The today's updates seemed to fix the problem. Now the system is working as beautifully as before. Thanks to all.

Re: cd/dvd will mount some file types but not others

If you haven't yet, you should probably install the non-free video codecs. Check out Medibuntu; they provide a repository that includes non-standard software and codecs for *buntu. Instructions for adding the repository to your list is on the site.

Once you have the Medibuntu repo installed, open Adept and install the following codecs: ffmpeg, libdvdcss, libdvdread, w32codecs (or w64codecs if you have a 64bit system), all the xine plugins, and all the gstreamer plugins. That should fix you right up.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: cd/dvd will mount some file types but not others

Thanks for the link to medibuntu. I'll definitely check that out. But also thanks to those that worked on the latest update. The system is working as beautifully as ever.

Comment

Working...
      X