This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Update [...never mind]

Is anybody else getting stuck at 99% Headers download on today's OpenOffice.org update through Adept?
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Today's Update

...never mind, it finally went through
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Re: Today's Update [...never mind]

. . . mine was very slow today. like 45-60 minutes (I'm not sure exactly -- it was so slow I went away for 75 minutes and then came back to it). That was the OOo updates.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Yes, it has a big and slow update -- I have the impression the repos were getting lots of action at the time.

I also noticed they attempted to slip that *%$&@ strigi-daemon back in -- it was on the upgrade list and was conveniently pre-marked to "install". It didn't make it past my eagle eye, however!

Comment

What does it do (the strigi-daemon)?
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

When they slipped it into Tribe 5, it ran my Core 2 Extreme 3.3GHz overclocked CPU to 100% in a matter of a few hours. Kind of a "Linux virus" :P

Comment

It's some kind of search program for your computer.

Don't know why they included it, I know where most everything is. For those that I don't, find, (s)locate, and grep will find it in no time.
              For external use only.

Comment

the strigi-daemon

i dont remember seeing it but is there a way to see if it got downloaded?

Comment

Working...
                X