This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B won't open.

I have done all I could to avoid posting something answered before, but it is not unlikely that I could have failed in doing this, so sorry ahead of time if I did double post.
    Anyway, the problem I'm having is in opening K3B. Clicking on the icon from Kmenu or running it for Konsole both give me the "loading sequence" (with the bouncing icon and all) but then just dies, like a previous instance was still running. I have run killall k3b as user and root, rebooted after, reinstalled k3b from packages, even installed it from source. I have scoured google searching for answers and have found none as of yet.

Help!
    &quot;Once again the Protoss arrived and incinerated the entire planet...&quot; -Starcraft narrative<br />&quot;You could no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow.&quot; -Dark Templar<br />&quot;I was Executor long before you!&quot; -Tassadar<br />Visit [URL]http://www.piehomepage.com[URL] today!

Re: K3B won't open.

Does konsole show any error message?

Comment

If you run:

Code:
      gnowak@t40p:~$ k3b --help
      you will find that there are some kde specific options:

Code:
      gnowak@t40p:~$ k3b --help-kde
      There you will find that you can run:

Code:
      gnowak@t40p:~$ k3b -nocrashhandler
      which means: Disable crash handler, to get core dumps

Maybe this will give some valueable information, please correct me if I am wrong.
      Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
      CV and gallery at grn.dk
      Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Just open up Konsole and execute "k3b". See what it says.
        For external use only.

Comment

Running "k3b" and "k3b -nocrashhandler" both just give me nothing. The selector thing that shows you where your next letter will be moves down to the next line, like it's loading, but then sits there and k3b never loads.
          &quot;Once again the Protoss arrived and incinerated the entire planet...&quot; -Starcraft narrative<br />&quot;You could no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow.&quot; -Dark Templar<br />&quot;I was Executor long before you!&quot; -Tassadar<br />Visit [URL]http://www.piehomepage.com[URL] today!

Comment

So K3b opens, but it doesn't do anything. Hm.

I'd try purging K3b, rather than just removing it.
            For external use only.

Comment

Ok I purged it and its runtime library package, reinstalled the packages, and k3b still does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
              X