This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get automatix to open...conflict with adept

I installed AX about a week ago and everything went ok. Installed some packages, and haven't needed to use it since then.

I started hearing about Swiftfox and wanted to install it and I remember seeing it in AX, but now when I try to open AX it says that Adept is running and needs to be closed before trying to restart AX.

I checked the process table and the only thing of adept that is running is the adept notifier. I killed that process and tried to open AX again and it says Adept is still running.

So with that, I have 2 questions.

1) How do I get AX to open now?

2) If I can't recover AX, how do I remove AX and it's dependencies since it was not something I got from Adept. (Do I just do a sudo apt get remove automatix) ?

2b) If I uninstall AX, how do I install Swiftfox, and is it worth downloading?

Re: Can't get automatix to open...conflict with adept

Automatix is a nasty program/script. I have never used it and never will. Someone posted this a few days ago. You can make your own decision.
    If you installed it through a deb, "sudo apt-get remove automatix" should remove it, assuming its name is Automatix.

I installed Swiftfox through their repositories, see here. Very simple and upgrades with the rest of your system.

As for your actual problem, try "sudo apt-get -f install", etc. If that doesn't fix it and there are no partially-installed packages, just remove the lock file (/var/lock/dpkg or something like that).
    For external use only.

Comment

Working...
    X