This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound

Since i made the switch to kubuntu from ubuntu i have been unable to play any sound.

Aplay -l lists my soundcards and kmix and alsa mix show it isn't muted.

I vaguely remember having a problem with ubuntu where my soundcard had 3 different devices to choose from. I had to switch it to make sound work. Not sure if this is the case this time, if it is i have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions?

Re: No Sound

Laptop or desktop PC?

An easy 'test' is to restart (reboot) and when presented the Grub menu, hit esc and type noapic as as a boot option. See if that has any affect on getting sound.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Its a desktop. It has a built in sound card on the mobo and then an audigy sound card which is what i use. Im gonna try the noapic now.

Edit: Didn't solve the problem. Any more suggestions?

Edit 2: I found the problem, turns out it was outputing to digital instead of analogue.

Comment

Originally posted by marcboy
        Edit 2: I found the problem, turns out it was outputing to digital instead of analogue.
        Don't you just get a personal thrill when you figure out the problem on your own? Glad you got it solved.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X