This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock or Unlock - Panel stays locked [SOLVED]

I can lock or unlock my Panel and nothing is different. I don't see the little menu appearing anymore where I could select "move" or "remove" my applet.

How could I fix this?

Re: KDE panel - Lock or Unlock - Panel stays locked.

When you right-click and 'Lock Panels' the full menu is not available. Just right-click the panel again and select to 'Unlock Panel' to get the full menu back.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Read again word by word what I wrote, please.

Comment

:P

Have you tried resetting each item in Configure Panel to its defaults?

Comment

In the Panel:

I can move/remove the K Menu, Desktop Access, System Menu, Firefox.

I can't move/remove the Quick Launcher, Desktop Preview and Pager, Taskbar, System Tray, Waste bin, Clock.

Off course those latest I can remove them with right click panel -> Remove from Panel -> select,,, but that isn't the point.

Comment

On each of the things you can't move/remove, there should be a little handle (hidden until mouseover) on the far left of that object. You can drag this handle to move the object, or right-click on it on click on the little arrow at the top of the handle to get the menu, which includes "Remove [object]".
            For external use only.

Comment

That appears to be exactly what Xeor may be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
                On each of the things you can't move/remove, there should be a little handle (hidden until mouseover) on the far left of that object. You can drag this handle to move the object, or right-click on it on click on the little arrow at the top of the handle to get the menu, which includes "Remove [object]".
                Yes you are, this is exactly what is missing ?!

Comment

You don't have them? At all? They should appear when moused over, or when the object they are attached to is moused over. I have one for the taskbar, the desktop pager, the system tray, the clock, and the trash applet. Are you sure it's not just that you can't see them (i.e. they can still be interacted with)?
                  For external use only.

Comment

You don't have them? At all? They should appear when moused over, or when the object they are attached to is moused over. I have one for the taskbar, the desktop pager, the system tray, the clock, and the trash applet. Are you sure it's not just that you can't see them (i.e. they can still be interacted with)?
                    I understand what you are talking about. I used to have those and used to use those. But now they are gone, nothing appear at all when I rolled my mouse over there where they used to be.

Comment

And you can't interact with them as if they were just remaining hidden, they're really gone?
                      For external use only.

Comment

And you can't interact with them as if they were just remaining hidden, they're really gone?
                        I even tried to right as close as possible from the icons but nothing. It's just like if I was (and I am) straight on the panel. Nothing between the panel and the icons I can't move.

Comment

The handle appears as a very small square in the upper left corner (or it should). In the panel image attached, it is the little square to the upper right of the Amorak quick launch icon. For each of the panel sections, this handle appears in the same location - upper left corner.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Xeor
                            I even tried to right as close as possible from the icons but nothing. It's just like if I was (and I am) straight on the panel. Nothing between the panel and the icons I can't move.
                            Check Right-Click Panel>Configure Panel>Appearance>Advanced Options>Applet Handles
                            Choose either 'Visible' or 'Fade Out'

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                              Check Right-Click Panel>Configure Panel>Appearance>Advanced Options>Applet Handles
                              Choose either 'Visible' or 'Fade Out'
                              Geez! You're good!

Comment

Working...
                              X