X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept in Feisty with dapper style???

Hi to all!
    I've updated two pc from dapper to feisty with the same procedure, the strange thing is that after the update, one of them has adept updated with the new style, instead, the other, has adept updated with the new version, but with the classical adept window like dapper.

How can I set it to have the new Feisty adept style?

Thanks in advance

Re: Adept in Feisty with dapper style

Could you elaborate what you mean by "new style"?

Is it possible that you are referring to Adept Installer (Add/Remove Programs) versus Adept Manager (the more complete version)? I'm not exactly sure, but if I remember correctly, in Dapper, there was no Add/Remove Programs yet. It only started in Edgy. So basically starting Edgy, there are two ways to use Adept.

Adept Installer or Add/Remove Programs, command line: adept_installer
    Adept Manager, command line: adept_manager

Not sure if that's what you meant.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

He is probably talking about the "Manage Repositories" screen.

It happened once to me when I upgrade a computer with a heavy modified sources.lst files. I didn't care, so I don't know how to resolve it.

The first idea could be moving the /etc/apt/source.lst file to another place and let adept recreate it?.

Javier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsuhashi
        Hi to all!
        I've updated two pc from dapper to feisty with the same procedure, the strange thing is that after the update, one of them has adept updated with the new style, instead, the other, has adept updated with the new version, but with the classical adept window like dapper.

How can I set it to have the new Feisty adept style?
        If you mean the "Manage repositories" part, try installing 'software-properties-kde' package.

Chances are that one of your machines didn't have 'kubuntu-desktop' metapackage installed at the time of upgrade which means new things added to the 'standard' kubuntu don't get installed

Comment

Sounds quite reasonable. In my case, the machine was installed using the alternate CD, as it was a 128 Mb one.

I will check it when I go to see that machine (it's 100 Km. away, not permanent internet conection).

Javier.

Comment

If he was talking about the Manage Repositories part, then kubicle is indeed correct. That change only came with Feisty. What happens is that if software-properties-kde isn't installed, Adept uses the old/default Manage Repositories window (which would be the default in other distros that have Adept, like Debian).
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
            X