X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 7.04 log out twice?

Hi there,

I'm rob and i am new to this forum, and already have a few questions. (but i just start with this one)

OK i am a XP user but i need it professionally. Out curiosity and in search for an alternative to Vista i'm working and studying Ubuntu and Kubuntu for quite some time now and i'm liking it more and more.
    (plus i like the blue color)

OK then, here's the funny thing:

i noticed that when i log out to restart or shutdown i have to do that routine two times, because the first time it doesn't shutdown or restart only the second time it does ,so it looks like that i'm running two or even more sessions(?)
    Probably i configured it myself but i dont know how i did this or how to undo this. So hints are welcome.

How can i solve this problem.

Re: kubuntu 7.04 log out twice?

Can you be more specific? Shutting down involves selecting Log Out from the K Menu, and then selecting Log Out or Shutdown from the next window. If you choose Log Out from this next window of choices, what you are doing is 'logging out of the X window session' - you still then, have to opt to restart, shut down, etc. from the third window of choices.

If you choose Log Out | Shutdown then you should have the X windows session stopped, and then Linux itself will stop the running services, close running processes, and shut itself down. On some setups, this does not mean that the PC itself gets turned off - you still have to do that your self.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OK understood.

Via K menu | Log out... |Turn Off. Just works fine. It kills everything and shuts down the machine.

Via K menu | Log out... | Restart. Nothing seems to happen, (although i am hearing a kind of shutdown(?) sound) and i am back in my desktop.
      When I do this the second time then the system restarts.

Oeps, just found out what the problem is. I have to close skype first, than i can restart the machine by clicking restart only once.

grtz

rob

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.

Applications that "don't play nice" with the system; gotta love 'm! >
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X