This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Remove File Type Actions in Firefox

I've got some experience with Linux but I'm new to Kubuntu. I've solved several problems on my own, but this one has me stuck.

When I go to Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> File Types and click on "Manage...", a pop-up appears with the common file types found on the web. For all of about a nanosecond, the "Remove Action" button is clickable. But then it gets greyed out. I don't think this has anything to do with my profile (copied from another distro) because the problem happens on a new profile/install of firefox.

There are Windows Media Player and Quick Time Player choices in there -- obviously those choices are invalid. I'd like to get rid of them, since mplayer handles both of them. If it's not doable I'm fine with that -- just doesn't make sense.

Is there a way to remove them? Or is it best to leave them alone? Thanks in advance.
    Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Re: Can't Remove File Type Actions in Firefox

In my firefox I can delete the normal files type like "pdf->Kpdf", but can't delete the ones that are associated with a plugin (like Mplayer).

I also have all those Windows Media Player and Quicktime associations, but this kind of files open with the MPlayer plugin.

So I think it's normal.

Javier.

Comment

Originally posted by ernieg92
      Is there a way to remove them?
      Not sure - but taking a closer look at Firefox' configuration might help you on (further reading).

Comment

Originally posted by javierrivera
        I also have all those Windows Media Player and Quicktime associations, but this kind of files open with the MPlayer plugin.

So I think it's normal.
        Must be the way mplayer functions. Thanks for confirming my (in)sanity! :P

Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Comment

Working...
        X