This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9Copy Download Error -solved-

Greetings fellow Kubuntu users. I found a utility called 'K9Copy' under "KDE Desktop (multiverse) and sounds like what I need as a DVDShrink replacement. However, when I go to install it, I get 'fetch' errors. I've not modified my repositories or anything. Are there mirrors down or is there something I need to enable to fetch this?

Thanks,
    Ted

[edit] I figured out how to get around it. I went Here and fetched the Ubuntu .deb. I tried to install it, and got dep. errors, which was not surprising. However, I opened Synaptic and 'fixed broken package', installed the missing deps., and the utility works as advertised.

This is the THIRD time 'fix broken packages' has got me out of dependency hell. I remember back in the 'day' fighting with deps for hours, and sometimes unable to get all the ones I needed.

Anyrate, good work on the OS.
    Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.
Working...
X