This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beryl & Kicker

I installed Beryl and related packages, and tried to start it after logging in to KDE. I logged in, opened a Konsole window, and ran beryl-manager and beryl. It all seems to work, except for Kicker, or the KDE launch panel, which goes blank. Funny thing is, if you move the mouse over it, the buttons and mouse-over effects still work. I've posted a few screenshots here: http://kc9ddi.poromenos.org/beryl.html .

Also, if I configure it to display on either the left or right side of the screen, everything shows up normally. If I put it at the top or bottom, I get this effect.

Any ideas? This is on Kubuntu Feisty, all packages are up-to-date.

Re: Beryl & Kicker

Weird. I don't get that issue. Not that that helps you...

What happens if you restart kicker?

Code:
    $ dcop kicker default restart

Comment

Tried that - actually just kill -9'ed it and restarted it - same effect. It seems that when I first start Beryl, kicker displays whatever apps I had running at that time, but doesn't update the display when new apps are launched/closed. Again, the underlying buttons and such work, just not the icons and text. If I kill and restart kicker, it goes completely blank.

Comment

Did you check your settings in Kmenu>System Settings>Appearance>Style>Toolbar tab? I see there are some "X" boxes there that look like they affect the toolbar behavior during mouse-over. You might want to try changing them and see if that has any effect on the behavior when Beryl is running. In an earlier Kubuntu and an earlier Beryl, I recall a similar conflict with the Window Transparency control in this same area of System Settings.

HTH

Comment

dibl - that seems to have done the trick - thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X