This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miscellaneous annoyance

I have been using Kutuntu ever since it released, and I keep upgrading each and everyday, but there are couple things still bugging me making me mad, namely Bluetooth, Kcontrol, Launch feedback, entering admin mode.....etc just to name a few.

Bluetooth is a trial and error thing to me, every time I install a new version it will take me hours even days to do the pairing, since I am using my cell phone for internet so BT DUN is most important to me, but it seems that there is no sure way to do it, even if I can send and receive file between my phone and PC I still can't pair them this is weird, and this does not happen to a particular phone model so I think this is a general issue, btw how do I bring up the menu that ask for passkey, if is comes out then the pairing will work.

Kcontrol does not work after first install, it just give a window without icon or link, must reboot few times and hopefully every thing will come out right.

Launch feedback is a new annoyance in this version, no matter I upgrade from test CD or from the beta I still can't stop that annoying bouncing icon, Kcontrol completely helpless and lose control to it, and I doubt the official release that coming up soon will fix that.

Entering admin mode is a mood thing, 50/50 chance it will work or I'll have to reboot to try again.

I hope your days are better than mine !
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Miscellaneous annoyance

Ok I finally fixed the BT pairing, it was the security setting in the hcid.conf, should be set to 'auto', I don't remember the setting on pre-beta but something has changed I am sure. But the annoying bouncing icon still there, I just installed 130M of upgrade but still the same, no matter how I change the launch feedback it still bounces, there must be something wrong, I seriously doubt the developers did not see this problem ! mine is a new install with the beta CD not an upgrade from previous version so everything is new, every beta installation will have this problem too.

Comment

Here is a new one, I think the Kcontrol has serious bug, I disabled the kdewallet but it still prompt for password on kopete >

Comment

no one !? I must be one of the annoyance :-X

Comment

This may seem like a redundant question but what hardware are you using for all this to be happening?
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by lotech
            Here is a new one, I think the Kcontrol has serious bug, I disabled the kdewallet but it still prompt for password on kopete  >
            Are you sure kwallet is asking for a password? Isn't it just kopte asking for a password?
            You could backup the .kde directory and try again with clean settings.

Comment

I am using a Compaq Deskpro with P3, I have those problem both in beta and upgrade from test 4. Kwallet asking for password, I can tell the difference between it and kopete.

Comment

Working...
              X