This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphical glitches in Feisty

Just few points from my Feisty Herd #2 installation (up-to-date) that I like to share with you:
    [img width=400 height=187]http://www2.lut.fi/~theleniu/systemse.png[/img]
    [img width=400 height=275]http://www2.lut.fi/~theleniu/netwsett.png[/img]

Before the final release I would like to see these changed or fixed. Very minor issues, but also easy to fix (at least to my knowledge). It would make the whole Kubuntu experience go more professionally!

Re: Graphical glitches in Feisty

you said your feisty installation is up-to-date but the latest release of feisty is herd 5....

as for the first cosmetic issue with the wine module...
    i've noticed that since i started testing feisty (herd 1) and i fixed it myself by editing the module. (its essentially just a text file). the problem i discovered is that whenever you upgrade wine it overwrites the wine kcm module and it turns back into the blank icon. i have the official wine repos in my source.list file and some times, wine will be updated to an official ubuntu release that is "newer" than the official wine release (i.e. wineoffical-0.9.32 | wineubuntu-0.9.32ubuntu1 <-- this is considered "newer" by the package managers since it comes from the official ubuntu repos and overwrites the official wine release). this being the case, i'm not sure if the problem is caused by the official wine release, the official ubuntu release, or something else kubuntu related.

as for the second cosmetic issue, i hadn't noticed that, but i can confirm the arrow images look shotty. it seems as if its the image isn't antialiased since its showing jagged edges too.

as for your desire to see these issues fixed, i share it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will get fixed. since a developer may never see this thread or know its a bug unless a bug is filed.
    <br />

Comment

The latter image is from System Settings -> Network -> Domain Name System. I guessed the Wine thing isn't a Kubuntu issue. These are minor issues and I wanted to post them to the forum first before I disturb the developers, I guess they're quite busy now, not much left to the Feisty release!

I meant I installed from Herd #2, but it's Herd #5+ now, because of the updates. I guess the installation version means something, there might be garbage left from the older installation. I doubt all the updates overwrite or clean the system!

I'll post it as bug if you think it's worth it

Comment

i personally think, if you read my longest paragraph, that the wine issue might be a kubuntu problem.

i think its worth filing a bug for.
        <br />

Comment

Working...
        X