This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Package

Linuxprinting.org-ppds is broken. This is being requested by Adept Notifier. Please Help

Re: Broken Package

Yeah I've got the same problem.

Comment

mine is not broken. but it won't upgrade cuz of a dependency problem/conflict. don't you guys know how to use adept? look at the package in adept and it'll tell what dependencies it needs.

it says it requires "openprinting-ppds" but when i try to install that, adept wants to uninstall linuxprinting-ppds.

then i noticed the package description:
      "This is a transitional package to migrate existing users of linuxprinting.org-ppds to openprinting-ppds (its successor). It may be safely removed after upgrading."

so it looks like the linuxprinting.org-ppds package will be obseleted. go ahead and try it to see if it goes ok, if you're willing to take a risk. but it says that the openprinting package is the successor to the linuxprinting package, so i think the risk is small that something might not work/go wrong.

i'm gonna try it, since printing isn't something i do very often...
      <br />

Comment

'held back' is not 'broken'
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=360724

Comment

You can 'safely' replace linuxprinting.org-ppds with openprinting-ppds.

If you try to upgrade linuxprinting.org-ppds it will try to install openprinting-ppds, but because openprinting-ppds conflicts and replaces linuxprinting.org-ppds, the installer can be confused about what you wish to do.

The easiest way to perform the installation is to install openprinting-ppds and let it remove linuxprinting.org-ppds

EDIT: hmm-looks like they fixed the conflict, you should be able to upgrade linuxprinting.org-ppds now (of course, after it installs openprinting.ppds, you can remove linuxprinting.org-ppds)

Comment

Working...
          X