X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"downgrade 64 to 32 bits"

Good afternoon friends.
    I'm running Feisty Fawn in my AMD 64 bits, and not happy with it >. The reason is that I can't run the Flash Player and SWF because of the 64 bits.
    And the question is: is there any way to reinstall (or change to Gutsy), but in 32 bits, without loosing data?
    Shall I instead "reformat" the partition and install from the begin?
    Will I notice a big difference running in 32 bits?
    Thank you all for your attention. Waiting for your answers.
    Greetings from South Spain

Re: "downgrade 64 to 32 bits"

Originally posted by ktrauma

The reason is that I can't run the Flash Player and SWF because of the 64 bits.
    If that's the only reason, install the nspluginwrapper and be happy!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=476924

Comment

Fantastic!!!! I owe you a beer (or two, or three, or...) if ever we meet. Thank's.

Second Reason: noway to make my Palm T|X and my PC get in "Kontact". I cannot synchro. Any way to do it using "USB"? I don't have wireless.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ktrauma

Fantastic!!!! I owe you a beer (or two, or three, or...) if ever we meet. Thank's.
        You're very welcome!

Second Reason: noway to make my Palm T|X and my PC get in "Kontact". I cannot synchro. Any way to do it using "USB"? I don't have wireless.
        That one's going to be a little trickier, and I'm not the one who knows how to use Kontact. I wasted a whole weekend once trying to get my cell phone to work with "moto4lin", I think it was. :P

If you go splash on that one, and it's real important, you might consider looking into running a Win XP session in VMWare Player.

Comment

That one's going to be a little trickier, and I'm not the one who knows how to use Kontact. I wasted a whole weekend once trying to get my cell phone to work with "moto4lin", I think it was. :P

If you go splash on that one, and it's real important, you might consider looking into running a Win XP session in VMWare Player.
          Yes. Perhaps will it be the last solution meanwhile some guy makes it work under linux directly. It would be like this: synchro in WXP, "export" calendar and address book, and the import the calendar and address book with "Korganizer". It's a pity. Prior I had and old Palm m130 wich used to work well with Kpilot, but unfortunately she died

Anyway thanks again.

Comment

Yes, I have a "working" Palm Pilot Professional from 1998. It is gathering dust in a box -- I guess it's waiting for the "DIBL Museum Of Formerly Useful Electronics", along with my TI Business Analyst II calculator!

Seriously, I doubt true synchronization is in the cards for you. Probably the best you can do is decide which device is "Master" and which is "Slave", for the contact database, and then export from "Master" in .csv (or whatever format is compatible) and then import to "Slave", and stay current that way.

Comment

Working...
            X