This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kubuntu Install on laptop (Dell C810) Issues

Well, I'm not new to linux, but to (k)ubuntu 7.04. Had openSUSE 10.2 and did not have these issues:

System:
    Dell C810 Laptop
    1600x1200 screen
    P3 1133 mhz
    512mb ram
    nVidia gefocre go 2 32mb (nvidia-glx installed, nvidia-xconfig ran, GL screensavers work)

Mouse periodically skips/hangs:
    Did not find in this or ubuntu fourms (search keywords?) but the mouse while moving or scrolling will pause, skip, hang whatever you want to call it, just moving around. It is a logitech USB optical, but touchpad does the same. This did not happen in opensuse10.2, or fedora, does not happen in windows,

This also happens in live cd!

Login screen resolution:
    After install, screen was 1024x768. Changed display to a Flat Panel 1600x1200 (also tried dell laptop 1600x12000 and "Detect Monitor"/Plug'n'Pray, but after reboot the "display" is 1024x768 but the actual "screen" is 1600x1200 cause moving the mouse to the edge, and the "display" will pan.

Second issue, I hven't fully research as I'm heading home now.

Thanks for any help!

P.S. Did also do Kubuntu on my desktop (former opensuse) no problems like this with 1440x900 viewsonic and logitech G5 mouse

Re: New Kubuntu Install on laptop (Dell C810) Issues

I just tried to install Feisty Fawn on my Acer TravelMate 4670, and although I was able to boot to the live CD, I had no touchpad nor USB mouse function. I don't have a p/s2 port for a mouse on my laptop, so that is not an option.

Comment

Working...
    X