This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater Crashed

I have a huge problem as my updater crashed while installing 7.04.

I can only log into Kubuntu safe more with the newest kernel version and I can't use any previous kernels. My computer is essentially useless right now.

I'm downloading the Herd 5 iso now on a separate computer, but if there is any suggestions to fix my problem it would greatly be appreciated.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Updater Crashed

This is what i see:

When using kernel 2.6.20-9 i get:

Starting up...
    [ 0.168815] PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved
    [ 0.168890] PCI: Not using MMCONFIG.
    Loading, please wait
    kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/ee5f788g-a911-4ba8-a307-065ff90203f5) = s3f5
    kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot...

Ubuntu feisty (development branch) ubuntu tty1
    When I use kernel 2.6.17-11 I get a Kernel Panic.

I can log into Kubuntu using kernel 2.6.17-10.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

So you get "Ubuntu feisty (development branch) ubuntu tty1" then it just stops?

Check /boot/grub/menu.lst (assuming you're using Grub), and make sure that you're using the same options for all the "regular" boot options (as opposed to the "recovery" ones).
      For external use only.

Comment

I am using grub and besides pointing to the 3 different kernels, the settings look the be similar between the three.

Comment

I ended up doing a fresh install of Edgy because all 3 kernels would not boot to X-Windows.

Comment

Working...
          X