This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't connect...

I am having problems connecting to the internet...I have just installed Kubuntu and upgraded all the recommended upgrades (including the kernel) then I installed Gaim and Firefox (not a fan of kopete or konqueror) and then I restarted (because im new to linux and im used to restarting windows, even though it didnt say anything about restarting) when I logged in the only thing that connected to the internet was gaim, firefox did not work and neither did konqueror. So I restarted once again and nothing worked afterword not gaim not anything...is there something im missing? BTW I'm using a laptop if that's inportant. I really don't know what to do as I'm new to linux so please if someone can just tell me what i need to do or just guide me to a post (which i DID look but could not find anything). Thank you in advance.

Re: can't connect...

First of all, are you using wireless or a wired connection?

M.

Comment

I'm using a wired connection.

Comment

I have faced some problems with wireless (and managed to correct them), but wired connections work flawlessly for the most part. I guess some of the more experienced people will have to help you out here.

Good luck.

M.

Comment

Thats alright, thanks anyway ^_^

Comment

Hi
            We need to check if the card is being seen and if it has a network address. Go to a terminal window and type :-
            Code:
            sudo ifconfig
            then post the result.

Comment

Working...
            X