Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

garbled data smbmout landrive NAS(possibly needs cifs mount)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garbled data smbmout landrive NAS(possibly needs cifs mount)

i have a landrive nas by hotway
    http://www.hotway.com.tw/products/hd9.htm

i can browse this fine in konquerer but when i come to smbmout the shares on it( the smbmout command works) all the files are garbled and approximatly 1tb big

The nas is samba(inbuilt on chip) but does not have a username variable just a password that can be set on each individual share .

i have done a bit of digging and it may supprot cifs but not smbfs but i cant get it to mount i personally recon its my own cack handeness and not understanding the cifs syntax
    if sombody can give me a standard cifs line to mount the mp3 share 192.168.0.4\mp3 mounting to \mnt\mp3 with no username and password specified the nas is in the workgroup masseyopolis

if this then doesnt work (proving that its not an ID10t error on my part) ill happily paste any error messages in

i was up till 3am this morning trying to get the b*stard thing to work it works fine from my windows box upstairs so the nas itself is ok

please bear with me im new to ubuntu (although ive a little experiace with linux and solaris)
    if you need any more information please dont hesitate to ask

Re: garbled data smbmout landrive NAS(possibly needs cifs mount)

Code:
    sudo mount.cifs //192.168.0.4/mp3 /mnt/mp3 -o password=password domain=masseyopolis

Comment

Working...
    X