This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Failed

Good news!  I now have Kubuntl 6.06 LTS installed and running on my computer, AND Kubuntu recognized my wireless card, and I can detect my network!  I selected my network, entered the WEP key, selected DHCP, unchecked ASCII, and pressed connect.  Unfortunately, I got a Connection Failed error.  I tried this multiple times with multiple settings.  I am sooo close to formatting my Windows partition, if somebody can PLEASE help me with this?  Thanks.
    noob.
    0%
    ubernoob
    0%

Re: Connection Failed

You can try knetworkmanager our wifi-rader.

Sorry for the uber n00b but i couldn't resist to vote it, not that you are one.

Comment

Re: Connection Failed

Originally posted by Colonel
      Good news! I now have Kubuntl 6.06 LTS installed and running on my computer, AND Kubuntu recognized my wireless card, and I can detect my network! I selected my network, entered the WEP key, selected DHCP, unchecked ASCII, and pressed connect. Unfortunately, I got a Connection Failed error. I tried this multiple times with multiple settings. I am sooo close to formatting my Windows partition, if somebody can PLEASE help me with this? Thanks.
      Is your WEP key not ASCII? Anyhow, if it is, you'd want to select that. I tried for about 3 hours to get my wireless and wep working, did what you've stated, and finally, I just selected the wireless network in "System, network settings", and chose "Disable Interface" and "Apply". I waited until that was finished, then selected the wireless network again, and "Enable Interface". Boom...working, and has been since without any maintenance on my part. I've not tried hooking to the cable to see if I'd have to disable one or the other (wired vs. wireless), both trying to get a DHCP, but I'm confident now I could work through it. Try it. Maybe it'll work for you too. G'luck!

arjay

Comment

Working...
      X