This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dapper and Intel 975X chipset?

Just built a new system, Core 2 Duo E6600, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (Intel 975 chipset), new RAM, HDD, etc... Popped in my Dapper CD and selected the first option from the menu (run or install). It reaches the second line when booting that says "mounting root file system" and site for a few seconds. Then the screen clears and it says decompressing and then hangs.

Anyone have any luck installing Dapper on new hardware like this? Is it the mobo chipset? Would using the alternate installer help?

Re: Dapper and Intel 975X chipset?

OK, tried the alternate install CD. I can boot from the CD, but if I try to check the CD for errors or install, I'm told the installer can't find a CDROM drive. Obviously, I have one and it works because that's what I booted from. I have the option to use CDROM drivers from a floppy (no floppy drive) or choose from a list. There;s a lot of options, and then I have to tell it the path of the device. How can I find out the path to my CDROM drive?

It's the same drive I used before the upgrade, and I never had any problems using it from Kubuntu before...

Help?

Comment

Working...
    X