This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link a path to a different directory?

I need to load a folder off of my internal hd to act like it is in the directory with the kubuntu install disc. otherwise it is too much data for a cd. does anyone know the shell command for accomplishing such a task? thanks.

Re: link a path to a different directory?

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do. Linking a file so that it appears in a directory that it is not actually in is very easy in Linux from the command line from a konsole enter "man ln" (that's a small L) to learn how to do it. But, I'm not sure what would happen if you linked to a file and then tried to write the link to a CDR. I suspect that the actual file would still wind up getting written to the CDR, thus defeating your attempt to cheat the size limit. IF this is not what you're trying to do, please amplify your question.

Comment

Re: link a path to a different directory?

sorry, i got a better burning program to convert the iso to install cd. stupid windows. I do have an interesting audio problem where I can get no audio playback from mpeg video files. All other audio works but no mpeg playback?

Comment

Working...
      X