X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

background image on grub menu

Greetings all,

I am releatively new to Kubuntu. I have successfully installed Kubuntu and I have a dual boot to either WinXP or Linux. When the Grub menu appears, it's black and the highlight bar is black also, which makes it rather difficult to see which item you are selecting on the menu. I have searched through some documentation, but I am at the point of total confusion. I am getting lost with terms like bootsplash, splashimages and grub-splashimages, etc etc. I went into Synaptic and searched for grub, found grub splashimages, installed it, but still I get a black screen behind the text on the grub menu.

Okay, so how do i exactly change the background image on the grub menu when it is loaded ? I am having a rather difficult time with all of this. If I could just know the steps involved to do this ( new image right now is not that importrant ) it would help me. I just want to be able to change the background image so that I can see the highligh bar on the menu. I can change the image to whatever later on.

Thanks for any help on this.

Re: background image on grub menu

Maybe these help

From GrubHowto:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GrubHowto
    Boot splash images

Grub allows an image to be displayed behind the menu. You can obtain a set of images with the package "grub-splashimages", or you can make your own. The images must be 640x480 pixels, contain no more than 16 colors (but a smaller number like 12 works better to allow some different colors for the menu text), and be in gzipped xpm format. The GIMP can be used to resize (Image -> Scale Image...), reduce colors (Image -> Mode -> Indexed...), and can save to .xpm.gz files...

GNU GRUB Manual 0.97
    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X