X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung clp 510

Hello,
    i'm a new user of kubuntu.
    I've got some problem's with the printer, because cups view the printer, the correct port where is mounted and the correct drivers, but it don't works.

thank you to all

Re: samsung clp 510

As indicated by the Linux pros, it's always best to make sure the hardware is supported in Linux. Linuxprinting.org is the best authority for printers. Here is your relevant link: http://linuxprinting.org/show_printe...amsung-CLP-510

For a long time, this item was considered useless in Linux (a "paperweight"). Now, it is considered partially supported by some Linux printing pros.

It may take some finagling to download the correct drivers, and to divine the correct configuration to get this tank to work. It's cousin, the CLP-500, is still considered a paperweight, although some users have used config tricks to get even it to work with Samsung proprietary drivers. The link for that model may be useful, also, for general info if the above link is not sufficient. I hope this isn't too painful for you....

I have a lot of stuff from my Windows days that's not compatible. You probably purchased this originally for Windows; unfortunately, just because something is expensive, of good quality, and works super in Windows does not guarantee compatibility with Linux--something that's less expensive (and older--legacy) may even work better. Linux is particular about hardware (Linux's great volunteers can't always get good config info or drivers/driver info from mfrs). And, it may take time for the newest "gee whiz" stuff to be supported, even sometimes years....

Comment

Working...
    X