This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer laptop: screen resolution - widescreen

I just got an Acer Aspire 1640Z. Here is the hardware: Pentium M 735A 1.7GHz (1.7GHz/2MB L2/FSB533); Intel 915GM Express chipset; DDR II 512MB; 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite; Video 64MB shared; Intel graphics Media Accelerator 900; 80GB; DVD-RW Dual DL ...

I installed Kubuntu, but whatever I do, I cannot set up the resolution for widescreen. I changed it in the control panel, I edited the xorg.conf file actomaticly and manually and the screen size just shifts from 1024 to 800 and sometimes the colors are bugged but that's all.

Someone with an idea?

Re: Acer laptop: screen resolution - widescreen

I have a toshiba laptop thats not widescreen that needs 1024X768 but i cannot change to that in the display settings. I went into hda1/etc/x11 and looked at the xorg.conf file and when i found something resembling the display it said 1024X768 already. is this supposed to be larger than the settings i can sellect? i am really annoyed because kubuntu is not fullscreen on my laptop.

Please help

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried

K Menu --> System Settings --> Display

and made any changes there?

Comment

yes, did that, but no change whatsoever. Especially when I ran the xorg.conf autoconfig, which shrinked my resolution.

Comment

Hi,

A friend of mine had to make a backup of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and then modified it to change to actual definition to make it wide screen (let only this one)

Maybe it will work also for you

Cheers

Comment

I have a Fujitsu P-5000 with the 855 chipset. One pleasant surprise during this install was that the 855resolution (I think courtesy of Alain Pourier) is available via adept. I am pretty sure that it works for your chipset as well. Not certain, but I don't think it would hurt anything. worst cast, you might need to uninstall it from a command line if x won't start after install. Look around in Adept. That is how I got mine going at 1280x768. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X