Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magical moving widgets - why does 'Locked' not mean Locked?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical moving widgets - why does 'Locked' not mean Locked?

I've been seeing this annoyance for YEARS and never bothered to look into it. But it happened twice this morning so far and it's a nagging at me.

Randomly, my two widgets move themselves away from the edge of the screen and panel to the right. This morning it happened while I was out of the room. I assume the screen sleeping is the trigger, I don't recall them moving while I was actually watching.

The two widgets are the Panel widget and the Event Calendar widget. I doubt the widgets themselves are at fault. Here you can see the two widgets to the left snug up to but not touching the left side panel. In the middle is my Conky and the desktop widgets are "LOCKED" not that seems to have any real effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190620_093749.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	649492

So what will happen is eventually the two widgets will move about a half inch to the right and/or up/down away from the screen edges. Apparently the term Locked means "the user is locked out from adjusting widgets" and it does not mean the widgets themselves are locked in position.

I'll post again when they move. Anyone have and ideas how to stop this behavior?

Please Read Me

I seem to recall (that, or it's a small area of misfiring neurons!) people commenting/reporting having placement issues when the Panel wasn't in it's default position -- bottom of the display. I see that you have your Panel on the left. For giggles 'n grins, replace the Panel at the bottom and watch for this behavior of self-moving 'locked' widgets.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

your running multiple monitors yes , I seem to remember 3 , (or like Snowhog misfiring neurons) could it be that if one or more are off line the pixel count on the one in Q is off some ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Took a whole day this time:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190622_081738.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	644227

Please Read Me