This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkscape

I have launched Inkscape for the first time. If I put my cursor on an icon, a text box opens beside the icon with text in the box to identify the icon. Unfortunately, the text is virtually invisible (no contrast against the background). Would you happen to know a way to get the text within those boxes to be clearly visible? Thanks for your help.

I would say that it is your Desktop theme color settings ,,,,,,,@hear with "Breeze dark" I can read all pop up tool tips for the control icons in Inkscape.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny, changing to "Breeze dark" did not solve the Inkscape problem I described, and it made Writer's display of the name of the document being edited hard to read.

Comment

What version of Kubuntu are you running?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Comment

I just installed Inkscape on my 16.04.1 installation. I'm using the Breeze Desktop Theme and Breeze Look And Feel, but also switch to Breeze Dark (Look And Feel). In either, Inkscape's icon Tool Tips (mousing over any of the Inkscape icons) are white text on a black background.

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkscapeToolTips.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	643457

Look at your GNOME Application Style (GTK) settings in System Settings > Application Style. If the GTK Themes are still set at default; Raleigh I think; then change both (GTK2 and GTK3) to Breeze.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 20, 2017, 04:39 PM.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just rebooted my computer to try and get things back to normal. I launched Inkscape, and I put my cursor on several of the icons. The text in the box you circled is virtually invisible. So I checked the settings you mentioned, and both are set to Breeze. I switched both of the settings to Dark Breeze, and there was no improvement.

Suggestion: Let's switch computers. That will solve my problem!!

Comment

you could try,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,going to system settings>colors(your current color scheme should be selected)click "edit scheme" , go to colors tab , scrole down to "tool tip text" and "tool tip background" edit the colors to get a better contrast .

restart any applications that may need the new settings .

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X