This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky clicks along edges

Not sure what's going on here but it's not limited to one install here... Basically I just installed 14.04 on VMWare Workstation 6.0.3 (Windows 8.1 host, blah). Basically if I run full screen and click something on the far edge of the screen, my click sticks. The best example is when I try to click tge KDE button. If I go all the way to the bottom-left and click the button will depress and stick. Leaving it there, the "Kickoff App" dialog will pop up. As soon as I move the mouse slightly, the menu pops up just fine. If I click anywhere else on the button, it's fine. The problem happens on basically any edge of the screen. So trying to resize Windows or stick them to the sides causes this problem. It's quite annoying...

I have searched around for similar issues but yet to find any problems (such a vauge search doesn't find many results...) I have tried to disable some of the edge features as I don't use them anyway but no changes. Anything I'm missing?

have tryed to reproduce your quirk on 3 different boxes all running 14.04 and can not ,,,,,,,,,,these are bare mettle installs (no VM's) ,,,so I would say it is a VMWare + Kubuntu thing and not just a Kubuntu thing .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Try turning off the hot corners in System Settings - Workspace Behavior - Screen Edges.
      Also you can install vmware tools but I am not sure that will help this.
      Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
      X