This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother Printer - "The printer is not responding"

Ive been trying to get a printer set up for nearly a week now and have made zero progress. I triedsetting it up both through the KDE settings and the CUPS settings in the browser. Ive tried wireless, USB connection, and network connection. Kubuntu detects the printer fine, but when I try to print anything, I get the error message "The printer is not responding." The printer works fine in Windows. Any ideas?

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Any ideas?
    Can you fix the IP address of the printer? Might take some mucking about with the printer's control panel; choose an address outside the range your router hands out. Then set it up as a network printer.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Access CUPS ( http://localhost:631/ ) and ensure the printer is set to shared.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CUPS Printer Share.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	642306
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ok, fixed the IP address. In CUPS, I have it set to share the printer and to allow remote administration. When printing a test page, CUPS says "Printer in use." and just sits there. The printer does absolutely nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X