This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dolphin can no longer access nikon camera

Since upgrading to 13.10, I can no longer copy my pictures via dolphin. My nikon camera is seen by the OS via the USB port but when attempting to view the pictures, both dolphin and gwenview cannot read the camera. This was not the case with 13.04, my camera has not changed. I did find someone who said they used dolphin as root to get around this issue and yes that worked but running as root to do something that didn't used to require root is not a solution. Is there some setup issue I'm missing that needs to addressed to get this to work? Or do I need to submit this as an issue?

I have seen others reporting the same issue.
    For them (and for my D800) it works via digiKam.
    But I must say connecting a camera via USB just to get the pictures off is slow and drains the battery.
    digiKam has a nasty way of (dis)organising my photo's so I won't use it either.

The only way I trust is to take the card out of the camera and insert it in an integrated or USB card reader, fast and full control.

Yet this should work and you could check if a relevant bug against Dolphin has been registered.

Comment

Working...
    X