This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Flash After Upgrade 12.04

I just did my updates and now I can't get flash. All say they require a flash plug-in... I have purged and re-installed flashplugin-installer With no luck.

Is there a way to revert back to the last Adobe-flash?

Thanks
    Rob
    Rob

go to Muon and in software sources, other software and mark Canonical Partners and third-party software

Comment

What browser are you using? There's been a Flash bug with Chrome/Chromium because they include their own Flash.
      Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

I am using Fire fox. Chromium too huh!
        Rob

Comment

I think the problem with Firefox is newer, just noticed there's a lot of posts today about Flash and Firefox. You may want to check them out. The Chrome bug was because they somehow had it trying to load the Flash installer version, as well as the built in one. It's been fixed in Chrome as far as I can tell with the latest update. This bug with Firefox seems to be something new.
          Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

Hi, I too had the flash problem.
            For some reason I had to disable wireless before it would install properly.
            Worth a try.

Comment

Thanks Rain

My Desktop PC does not have wireless. What do you mean "Disable Wireless" did you direct connect.
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
                Thanks Rain

My Desktop PC does not have wireless. What do you mean "Disable Wireless" did you direct connect.
                I tried upgrading from the terminal, & it just hung forever installing flash.
                Eventually a message came up saying I needed to disable wireless so I did & it installed correctly.
                whether you may need to disable your wired connection or not I do not know.

Comment

I don't know why but my flash Just started working. What I did was disabled then re-enabled "Flashblock". It might not be the solution. I don't know!
                  Rob

Comment

Robtygart:

I have resolved a lot of problems with Flash by using the Firefox extension "Flash Aid" This keeps Firefox up to date with whatever is currently available for Flash. I've had no problems with Flash since installing it.

Google Chrome maintains its own Flash plugin automatically. You never have to worry about Flash with Chrome.

Frank.
                    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Thank you Frank. I will install it.
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
                        I have resolved a lot of problems with Flash by using the Firefox extension "Flash Aid"
                        I use Flash Aid, and it failed for me this time. The site it tried to get the update from gave a 404 error.

Regards, John Little
                        Regards, John Little

Comment

John:

I use Flash Aid, and it failed for me this time. The site it tried to get the update from gave a 404 error.
                          Thanks. Good to know. Adobe has announced that it would stop supporting Flash on Linux. Chrome may now be the only choice, as IIUC, they maintain their own version of Flash.

In the final analysis, Flash is dead anyway, as is Silverlight. Java (or Javascript) is now the animation platform of choice, and it too is riddled with holes, and is probably not long for this world either. Time will tell what HTML5 has to offer, I guess.

Frank.
                          Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Working...
                          X