This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPLIP Update

This morning received a notification that a new version, HPLIP-3.13.2, was available. Thought it was ok so I went forward with the upgrade.

Now it acting a bit wonky. HP Device Manager won't launch from the tool bar.

I'm getting the impression that I shouldn't have gone through with the upgrade.

Question, How do I get rid of the upgrade a go back to the HPLIP version in the repos? Will 'apt unistall' work? If so what is the exact syntax for the instruction?

FYI, this update was not done through Synaptic.
    Last edited by halw; Feb 14, 2013, 09:05 AM.

If you have Synaptic installed you should be able to choose the one you want with force version. Or remove the one you have then reinstall the older version. Have ya tried a reboot just in case there was some deferred processing of configs to be done?

Comment

Originally posted by halw View Post
      This morning received a notification that a new version, HPLIP-3.13.2, was available. Thought it was ok so I went forward with the upgrade.

Now it acting a bit wonky. HP Device Manager won't launch from the tool bar.

I'm getting the impression that I shouldn't have gone through with the upgrade.

Question, How do I get rid of the upgrade a go back to the HPLIP version in the repos? Will 'apt unistall' work? If so what is the exact syntax for the instruction?

FYI, this update was not done through Synaptic.
      what informed you of the update? & what was the update done through ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The version in the universe repository is 3.12.6, and the date of the last update was Nov 2012. So the update must have come from somewhere else. So I think you should identify where the update came from, remove that source from your repositories, then run
        Code:
        sudo apt-get remove hplip
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install hplip

Comment

Hmmm ... fwiw, I'm using 12.04 and have accepted tons of updates this past two or three weeks. And yet my hplip is still 3.12.2. (In a rush lately, I didn't examine the updates closely enough to recall seeing hplip specifically; I just accepted everything, but obviously, hplip wasn't included for a version change.)
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X