X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor Problems

Hello All!

Kubuntu 64 bit 12.04 is great! Thanks to all involved for making it so.

Only some minor problems and maybe someone knows how to correct them. I'm grouping two problems in the same post because other than the gpodder download icon, they may be related.

When gpodder finds new podcasts it doesn't switch desktops to show the list. This is particularly annoying because it requires for me to go to another desktop and check it often.
    Also the download 'v' or icon before the podcast that is downloading is gone. BTW, in Gnome Classic 12.04 the download icon is there.

When I click on a link in Thunderbird it opens in Firefox but doesn't go to the desktop that Firefox is on, just shows a changed icon on the taskbar.

Have searched in Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin Software Support and the question is not answered.
    Have searched 'gpodder' with the same results.

Both problems are not evident in another kde distro so it can be fixed, just don't know if it can be fixed by me or if it needs a rewrite.

Using an MSI EX630 with a fully updated Kubuntu 12.04. Desktop effects are enabled. Multi booting with several distros.

Hi seadog,

gPodder is a GTK application used mainly on a Gnome desktop and so in KDE the default oxygen icon-set does not include the icons. You have three options as I see it;

1. You could install another KDE icon-set that perhaps includes gPodder icons. I'm guessing somebody may have already addressed this situation (kde-look.org?)

2. You can install the default Gnome icons, (you will need the full theme-set for this) - 8.1MB
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-icon-theme-full
    and gPodder should now find and display the icons.

3. If you have a Gnome based install (perhaps on another partition) you could search the icon folder you are using for any 'gPodder' icons, copy them noting their locations, eg applications, and paste them into the corresponding folders of KDE's oxygen icon-set.

Regarding the 'desktop switching' aspect I've not heard of this in any KDE distro. Interested in any more info you could provide.

cheers
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

[SOLVED] Minor Problems

Hi bra | 10n,

Installed gnome-icon-theme-full and now have a download icon in gpodder!

Googled automatic desktop switching once you gave me the right words. Since PCLinuxos has automatic desktop switching by default, I looked in it's System Settings/Window Behavior/Window Behavior, the Focus tab and copied the settings. Then in Kubuntu in the same area I simply changed 'Focus stealing prevention level: to 'None'. Then I had automatic desktop switching!

Thanks so much for the icon solution and the words to find the desktop switching. I'm jazzed!
      :cool:

Comment

They were your words seadog not mine. Glad you have it worked out.
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
        X