This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login screen user list

I tried everything in the System Settings/Login Screen module but still can't get a list of users at the login, with or without icons, as opposed to typing in a new user's name every time, this is after all, the click and go age. There is only 2 users on this computer.

Kdm

The default Kubuntu KDM greeter doesn't support the user list.

A bug

Bug 255453 - Theme downloading doesn't work as user: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=255453

An example

Launching the KDM KCM shell with the command:
    Code:
    kdesudo kcmshell4 kdm
    Theme - tab, Get New Themes. Installing a new KDM theme with the user list.

Activating it.

Adding the icon, working as the normal user: KDE System Settings > Login Screen > Users- tab; User Images

Rebooting...

More

K > Applications > Help
    Help > Control Center Modules > Login Screen

- Creating/editing themes for the kdm greeter
    Last edited by OneLine; Jun 18, 2012, 04:39 AM.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

One note: on my system the Theme installer claimed the above theme was installed, but it did not show in the list of available themes. I ended up having to download it and install it locally to get it to work. Ottherwise, works like a charm...

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you OneLine and oshunluvr, will give it a try.

Edit: oshunluvr, I did not have the problem you did (but me and others thank you for the heads up anyway), installed, configured and worked immediately for me after following OneLine's instructions. Thank you both and marking this thread solved.

@OneLine...nice screen-shots and very nice step by step explanation, you da man! Oh, btw, I didn't have to reboot, just logged out and there it was.
        Last edited by tek_heretik; Jun 18, 2012, 04:31 PM. Reason: Progress with problem update

Comment

Working...
        X