This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin scrollbar running away

I have a directory with lots of entries that I'm trying to view in Dolphin. Somehow I got into a state where the scrollbar keeps running away. If I go to the end of the list, for instance, using the End key, the listing scrolls up to the top at full speed. Sometimes it scrolls down to the bottom at full speed. Whatever I try to look at, it keeps scrolling rapidly in one direction or the other. How can I get it to stop?

I've reported this as a bug at bugs.kde.org.
    Last edited by pwabrahams; Mar 16, 2012, 07:37 AM.

This sounds irritating, but it also sounds like something that might depend subtly on lots of possible things.

It sounds to me like a key or mouse button is stuck down and auto-repeating. To eliminate this, click and release each mouse button (and escape out of any context menus etc), click and release each keyboard modifier key (Alt Ctrl Shift Meta) and - why not - click and release each arrow key, Home, End, etc.

Are you using a mouse for this and if so what kind? Laptop trackpad, wired mouse, wireless mouse? If a trackpad, do you have any auto-scroll features enabled?

It's probably none of theses things, but it's worth checking.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

I aave seen this, too. Can't recreate it - seems to occur only when it mght be annoying. ;-) I use a mouse.

Comment

I had the same problem for a while, but the most recent update seems to have cured it. The latest update brings a much revised Dolphin, and I suspect the problem was occurring due to a bug in the older version. Ben

Comment

I too have experienced this problem. For me it was a combination of sticky keys "bairly" and somehow my keyboard repeat was turned up way high. I was able to fix it through system settings > input devices > keyboard settings. Also I would look at your short keys or "hot keys" as I've also had this happen when I set certain hot key setups for various things. Hope this adds something else for you to look into.
          AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Same here, it happened on my old and now on the new computer.
            I stop it from scrolling by clicking in the size or time column.

Comment

Working...
            X