This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window rendering issue ?

Hi All have recently started using KDE after having used Gnome for ages. I noticed that on screen windows were not being shown correctly, the horizontal title bar was not lined up with the the vertical sides of the window, the base of the window also did not line up with the vertical sides. I have experimented with different size fonts and different themes, but no change. I have also updated to KDE 4.8 with nil difference. I have enclosed a screenshot that exaggerates the effect slightly but you get the idea. All suggestions much appreciated and thanks.
    Attached Files

try disabling desktop effects (system settings->desktop effects) and see if you borders are drawn correctly. you may need to install the properitary driver to use them with out this issue.it could also be caused by the window decoration theme try changing that (system settings->workspace apperance->window decoration)

also what video card and driver are you currently using? (just wondering)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yes turn off desktop effects it will solve the problem. I have the same problem when using KDE and have to manually turn off the desktop effects. Its due to the on-board graphics chip being too old to handle these new fangled software packages of today! :-)

Comment

Hmm, that screenshot is similar, but not quite identical, to the problem I had at first when using compositing.

For me, the problem is fixed by opening Krunner [ALT F2] and entering the following command:

Code:
        kwin --replace --graphicssystem=native
        Even though the visual symptoms aren't identical, it could be worth a try.
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

The screenshot posted is of a Windows OS with another instance of Windows running as a Citrix Online plugin. This does not appear to be a linux/kubuntu issue, so please clarify. If this is a Windows issue, why did you register here and post the question?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Haha, well spotted, I was also only looking at the shifted border...

Comment

Working...
            X