X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon and updates help

Hi,
    Just done a fresh install of Kubuntu 11.10, that was yesterday and laptop have been on for while and connected to the internet, but yet no update notification icon.
    I ran
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    this showed me
    166 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    Need to get 78.6 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 35.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    So this means there are updates right? why dont i see a little green cog/gear in the icon tray to tell me? I looked at the settings in muon and they are set to check daily for updates.
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: Muon and updates help

I had the same problem. Check to see if you have muon-updater and muon-notifier installed. By the way, no more green cog, now there is brown package icon.

Comment

The fact there was no upgrade icon could be because you selected 'download upgrades' as part of the installation?
      My experience with Muon is not quite clear yet but it seems it's 24h upgrade cycle is triggered by more than just the fact the clock passes onto a new date.

The results of your attempt to manually upgrade looks a bit fishy but first try this:

After the:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      a completer upgrade is achieved with:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      The efficient way is:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

Hi,
        Ya i did the suggested terminal commands for updates, and applied the updates, restarted the system, checked i have muon notifier and stuff and i do - also checked in muon that its set to give me a taskbar icon.
        But yet nothing! i tried sudo apt-get update ... its telling me there are some updates availible, but still no taskbar icon.
        Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

I have the same issues as the OP.
          I have not received update notifications since first installing 11.10 and have waited 72 hours previously without result.
          I have tried reinstalling *anything* muon related without success.
          Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Ok i just did a reinstall of muon-notifier, still no icon to inform me of updates - which are available to me. Does anyone else have this issue apart from me and bra|10 ?
            Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Bug reported:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285435
              Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

I've been running Muon for some time and I only get update notifications when there are updates available at the time I reboot. I had a similar problem way back with kde-update-notifier.

Comment

Working...
                X