This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird stuff from LibreOffice

Okay, I haven't used my Laptop for any printing until lately.

When Printing (HP Color Laser 1600) a few weird things happen.

Numbers and some letters come out completely scrambled and or are not rendered correctly.

Also when I close a window (doc or spreadsheet) I get a strange screen with the closed document in the background and and middle part of the libreoffice main window in the foreground.

I am trying to describe this as clearly as possible

It prints fine from my Desktop

Attached Files
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Weird stuff from LibreOffice

Oh, I forgot to mention that the horizontal scroll in calc does not work either
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Could be this?

http://askubuntu.com/questions/68909...vo/70692#70692

I had strange characters in my prints when printing from Libreoffice after upgrading from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10. Following the above solution solved my problem. Maybe yours to?

Comment

Great thank you, that solved the printing issue.

Now for that weird background

Tried deleting .libreoffice from /home but that didn't help.
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Great

About the other problem with the screen...i have no idea....sorry...
          Maybe someone else knows?

Comment

Just to confirm that the libreoffice background problem happened to me last night for the first time.

About 3/4 days ago there was a big KDE download which was presumably an update to 4.7.2. (I didn't have the kubuntu ppa installed until after that). Last night was my first use of LOo since that update so in my own mind I'm linking the 2. Also the desktop appears to have become more "fragile" esp so far as desktop effects are concerned.

Comment

Hi liquidator. It has been a while.

Yep, that happened after my upgrade to 4.7.2 as well if I look back.

Also the desktop appears to have become more "fragile" esp so far as desktop effects are concerned.
              This I can confirm as well.
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                Hi liquidator. It has been a while.

Yes, it has - there was a time I didn't see you around - wondered what had happened.

Haven't had any issues for a while until this, must be a couple of flaky packages kicking about in 4.7.2

Edit, whilst on the subject I also had another problem last night with LOo. I had woken up the computer from hibernation and launched LOo. I then dragged something from the gallery into the document and LOo instantly crashed and every time I tried to repeat it until I rebooted, which cleared it. I may be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but you have also noted random firefox crashes in another thread. Wonder whether the issues are linked?

Comment

Yes, it has - there was a time I didn't see you around - wondered what had happened.
                  Yeah, I was busy actually getting some work done and had a project going in a part of the world with no internet

I'll have to try that.

Wonder whether the issues are linked?
                  It is possible. I have had some weird stuff going on as well since upgrading, for example and apart from my ongoing FF issue, my wired connection would break every time I took my laptop on the road and hooked back up to my cable modem. I got that fixed after I updated my vmplayer to the after my last kernel apdate and turned on my virtual modules in the bios.
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yep, my libreoffice crashes as well when I try to choose a background image.
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I had the same problem with the horizontal scroll not working. Uninstalling libreoffice-style-oxygen and libreoffice-kde "fixed" the problem. Of course Libreoffice now looks like something from last century, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by ronw
                        I had the same problem with the horizontal scroll not working. Uninstalling libreoffice-style-oxygen and libreoffice-kde "fixed" the problem. Of course Libreoffice now looks like something from last century, but it works.
                        I have that same problem, but I haven't removed the said packages to " fix" it. Are there fixes coming down the pipe soon?
                        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
                        X