This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Blank Firefox window in taskbar when opening links

Since this is my first post on the forums, hello!
    I switched from Ubuntu to Kubuntu, and so glad I made that step. Epic like.

However, I've come across a small but frustrating problem so it seems, and couldn't find a solution to it sofar. Has anyone got any clue about the following?

I use firefox 4 as default browser (installed with kubuntu-firefox-installer) and every time i click on a link in any other application (eg. skype, quassel, etc.) it perfectly opens the given link in a new tab in FF, but at the same time a new "blank" firefox-titled window appears on the taskbar for ~15-25 seconds. It seems random when it disappears. If i try clicking it, nothing happens. I'm using Kubuntu 11.04. Could this be a bug? What do you guys think?

I made a screenshot, it looks like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...untuffbug.png/ the strange "blank", unclickable firefox window is on the far right side. Don't mind the "colliding" borders, that's my bad.

update: I discovered, that more applications behave as described above, at least in certain cases. For example, when Thunderbird is running and I try to launch another instance of it (which is not possible by default) another blank Thunderbird window appears on the taskbar for like ~10-12 seconds, then disappears. Is this normal?

update2: Finally I've found the appropriate system setting that controls the behaviour of the above mentioned effect. Go to "System Settings -> Application and System Notifications ->Launch Feedback" and disable the "Enable taskbar notification" box if you don't want any ghost windows in your taskbar.
Working...
X