X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail converts animated gif to PNG

KMail converts animated gif to PNG.

Is there any option howto disable converting animated gif to PNG ?

I want to just send one message with animated gif smilies to my wife, and I'm unable to find any option.

PLC

Attached Files

Re: KMail converts animated gif to PNG

Works here, with KDE 4.6.00 and Kmail 1.13.5 as long as the rec'd email is set to view attachments 'inline'.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Like Snowhog suggests, "as long as ...". E-mail is primarily a text (not html) medium, so many people wouldn't see any of your markup or attachments the way you do unless they processed them according to your preference rather than their own. In other words, you can never be completely sure what the other person will see other than the text.

Comment

Thank you for respond , but KMail is for me unusable. I found more bugs. I can not believe for this. How KDE is perfect and whats a dodgy mail-client. When release KMail 2, than I tray again .

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why it works for Snowhog and not for you. I guess you configured yours differently. Oh well, there are plenty of mail clients to chose from and there's no particular reason to use Kmail. Whatever you chose, make sure your wife's e-mail client is set to show attachments inline so as to avoid disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Juul
            Hmm, I wonder why it works for Snowhog and not for you. I guess you configured yours differently. Oh well, there are plenty of mail clients to chose from and there's no particular reason to use Kmail. Whatever you chose, make sure your wife's e-mail client is set to show attachments inline so as to avoid disappointment.
            I already found the bugs about html composer in KMail, there is the problem. Of course , when I send message in plain text with attached gif , that works properly , but with composed HTML message, it converts all kind of images JPG,GIF.. to PNG. On KDE, I found junior job for this problem. Just dodgy KMail is not good for HTML messages.
            Thanks for respond

Comment

Working...
            X