This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Icons moving by themself

I installed kubuntu 10.10 and all was going well. I went to "Desktop Settings - Plazma Workspace >> Activity" and changed Desktop to Folder View. Now every time I boot up all the icons move into three vertical columns on the left side of the screen, BY THEMSELF!

It is getting very annoying having to rearrange the desktop every time I boot up.

Re: Desktop Icons moving by themself

I, too, can attest to my plasma widgets moving around a bit in 10.04 even when the widgets are locked. It's never really annoyed me too much because it's not as bad as what the OP has stated. My luna moves to different corners every so often and it makes me feel like I'm really somewhere in space!
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rick2210
      I installed kubuntu 10.10 and all was going well. I went to "Desktop Settings - Plazma Workspace >> Activity" and changed Desktop to Folder View. Now every time I boot up all the icons move into three vertical columns on the left side of the screen, BY THEMSELF!

It is getting very annoying having to rearrange the desktop every time I boot up.
      rite click the desktop .....the one displaying the folder view ........then click folder view settings ..........then display ...........you can adjust this hear

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
        Originally posted by rick2210

rite click the desktop .....the one displaying the folder view ........then click folder view settings ..........then display ...........you can adjust this hear

VINNY

You left out a few details. I made the following assumptions:

Right clicked the desktop,
        clicked on Folder View Settings
        clicked on Activity and changed Type: from Desktop to Folder View
        clicked on Location,
        selected Specify a Folder: and enter path to my Desktop folder

First boot up after making the changes everything was oky. Will continue to monitor

Comment

Working...
        X