This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset kicker (Solved)

After resizing, my kicker has a tiny sliver of blinking white at the far right. My desktop is very unresponsive. I can barely launch konsole. It might be alright if I right click the desktop to unlock widgets, then right click the kicker, go to properties and resize it again but right click does not work. I have restarted a few times and it just comes back.

Is there any way to restore kicker?
    Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Kubuntu 16.04
    "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Re: Reset kicker

remove the panel completely and add a new panel select "default panel".
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I get nothing when I click or right click the panel. Is there a way to do this in konsole?
      Kubuntu 16.04
      "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

i think the file you want to remove would be "~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc"

is best to do without kde running...
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I removed the file "~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc" after booting to recovery mode (No GUI). I restarted and it didn't make any difference.
          Kubuntu 16.04

Comment

step it up a notch then and rename the hole ~/.kde folder ..............log out and back in (a new default one will be made).

ore

make a new user and log in as the new user to see if a new default setup will help.

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: Reset kicker (Solved)

Sounded scarey but it worked. Thanks.
              Kubuntu 16.04

Comment

Welcome

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X